The OASD has decided to switch to the hybrid purple/gold learning model for both Intermediate Schools and Oconomowoc High School from Monday, November 30, through Friday, December, 18.
This short-term learning model change is intended to reduce the number of student and staff quarantines and COVID-19 cases we are experiencing in our schools due to home or community contact. The continued increase in staff quarantines has required teachers to teach remotely while the District provides a substitute teacher or qualified supervisor for the students learning at school. The variability of these absences is making it very difficult to find substitute teachers and qualified supervisors for students who are learning at school, sometimes resulting in entire classes or grade-levels being sent to virtual learning.
In mid-December, we will evaluate the learning models, quarantine information, and COVID-19 cases among staff and students, to make a determination on our return to school after the winter holiday break. The District will share additional information with families before the OASD winter break which starts on December 19.
Intermediate & High School Student Schedules for November 30-January 3:
- November 30-December 18: Learning in the hybrid purple/gold model
- December 19-January 3: All OASD students and staff off school for winter break
Use These Links For Additional Information:
- Nature Hill Intermediate Hybrid Purple/Gold Schedule Information
- Silver Lake Intermediate Hybrid Purple/Gold Schedule Information
- OHS Hybrid Purple Student Schedule Information
- OHS Hybrid Gold Student Schedule Information
Student Food Service Options On Virtual Days
OASD students will have the opportunity to order meals for their virtual learning days. Meals are packed based on the number of virtual school days your child will have each week and families can pick up those meals at OHS Main Campus. Student breakfast and lunch will continue to be free because of the USDA sponsored free meal program.
HOW TO ORDER STUDENTS MEALS FOR VIRTUAL LEARNING DAYS FROM NOVEMBER 30-DECEMBER 18:
- Click this link to reach the online order form.
- Submit your student's order before 2:00 p.m. on Fridays so their meals are available the following week.
- Pick up meals on Mondays, between 4:00-6:00 p.m. for your child's virtual learning days that week.
- If a holiday or non-school day is on a Monday, meal pick up will occur on Tuesday, between 4:00-6:00 p.m.
- If a school week is shortened because of a holiday or non-school day, the number of meals will be adjusted accordingly.
Student Services Support
OASD Student Services Staff are available as a resource to support students who may be struggling with anxiety or other mental health concerns. The counselors, school social workers, and school psychologists can provide individual support for students and families. Please reach out to the student services staff at school if your child is struggling or if you need support in navigating these unique times.
- Click here for Nature Hill Intermediate School mental health resources
- Click here for Silver Lake Intermediate School mental health resources
- Click here for Oconomowoc High School mental health resources
Need Technology Support?
If you are having technology trouble or have questions about some of the common learning tools, please visit the Technology & Innovation website at www.oasd.org/TechHelp. Students who need technical support can also submit a tech support ticket using this form, which is also available on their student bookmarks. For those who do not have reliable internet access at home, please contact our help desk to request a hotspot.
You can also contact the Help Desk at HelpDesk@oasd.org or (262)-560-2126.
Health Guidelines During Virtual Learning
It is expected that families notify OHS of student illnesses and report their absence during the OHS virtual learning period. Visit www.oasd.org/SchoolAbsence for information on how to report illness or absence and OASD illness guidelines.