The Oconomowoc Police Department will be holding an officer training session at Oconomowoc High School, August 2-3. Please expect a police presence around the Oconomowoc Arts Center and Oconomowoc High School on both days. Current athletic events and construction projects will continue during the training.
WE NEED YOU! FOOD SERVICE IS HIRING!
Are you looking for a PART-TIME JOB that works around your kid's school schedule? Do you want to have nights, weekends, holidays & summers off? Sodexo Food Service is looking for hard working talented people to become a part of the Oconomowoc Area School District Foodservice Team. We are currently looking to fill part-time positions in food service at Oconomowoc High School & Park Lawn Elementary. Shifts are Monday – Friday days, hours 9am-130pm, no nights, holidays or weekends. Unemployment Eligible for all time off during school closures and breaks, including summer. Food service experience helpful. Must be friendly and enjoy serving kids of all ages and be available to work over the lunch periods. Not a benefit eligible position.
To apply: Please visit www.sodexousa.jobs.com to fill out an online application or click the link below: Requisition for EZ searching: Cook #2018-09894; Cashier #2018-09896
Cook, High School, 1 open position, to apply click the link below: https://sodexousa.jobs/jobs/?q="Cook,+M-F+DAYS...
Cashier/FSW, High School, 2 open positions, to apply click the link below:
Cashier & Cook, Park Lawn Elementary, 1 open position
If you have questions regarding the positions, please contact:
Director of Food & Nutrition Services
Sodexo will require a background check
Oconomowoc Area School District online registration for the 2018-19 school year is open now through August 8, 2018. The registration process is available through your online Family Access account. It is imperative that you complete the registration process by August 8, to ensure accurate student records on the first day of school.
You are required to complete the registration process for each student. Upon completion of online registration, you will receive an email confirming that you have completed the process. If you do not receive an email, please login to your online Family Access account to verify that the process is complete for each student.
Registration Assistance Available:
- Computer access will be available at Meadow View Elementary, Nature Hill Intermediate, Silver Lake Intermediate, and Oconomowoc High School during normal summer office hours. Please visit www.oasd.org/SchoolRegistration for the summer hours at each location.
- There will also be access at Greenland Elementary during summer school hours, which are: June 18 – July 27, 2018, 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m., Monday-Friday (closed on July 4, 2018).
- For families who have not completed the registration process prior to August 8, computer stations and assistance will be available at Oconomowoc High School on August 8, from 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Please note, a $25 late fee will be assessed for all registrations completed after August 8, 2018. Schedules and teacher assignments will be visible in Family Access on August 20, only to families who have completed online registration.
NEW 1:1 Chromebook Program Information:
- Starting in the 2018-19 school year, the 1:1 Chromebook Program will be introduced for students in grades 4-7.
- The cost for optional Chromebook insurance is being reduced from $35 to $25.
- Additional information on the Chromebook program is available at www.oasd.org/Chromebook.
Athletic Registration Process for OHS & 7th and 8th Grade Intermediate Students:
- To be eligible to participate in a sport, a student must complete a separate Athletics Registration process by July 31, 2018. Visit www.oasd.org/AthleticRegistration, for step-by-step instructions.
District Nurses and Health Services Team Available On August 8, 2018:
- District Health Services team members will be available for walk-in appointments at Oconomowoc High School on August 8, from 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. to discuss any health/medical questions or concerns regarding your student.
- Families can also use this opportunity to drop off medications and health paperwork to District Health Staff for students attending any of our schools.
- If you would like to schedule an appointment on a different day to discuss the medical needs of your child, please contact Jody Ernser, District Nurse Assistant, at (262)-560-2114 or ErnserJ@oasd.org.
The International Thespian Society at Oconomowoc High School (OHS) is offering a free theater workshop for kids entering grades 2 -7. Spend the day acting, singing, dancing, learning about the technical side of theater, and having fun!
Saturday, July 21st
Oconomowoc Arts Center (641 E. Forest Street, Oconomowoc)
9:30 a.m. - Arrival and check-in
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. - Workshop
Registration is required for the event, please sign-up online at: https://bit.ly/2KNuLUU.
Please Be Aware:
We have received reports that a sports marketing company is attempting to sell OHS football sponsorship packages to local businesses. This company is not affiliated with OHS or the OASD and is not selling these packages on our behalf. If you have been contacted for a sponsorship and would like to verify whether it is legitimate or not, please email OHSAthletics@oasd.org. #oconpride
OCONOMOWOC, WI- June 29, 2018. The Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) is pleased to announce the district has been awarded $160,000.00 through the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) School Safety Grant program, administered by the DOJ's Office of School Safety. The OASD will use this funding to improve school safety at every school in the district.
Superintendent Dr. Roger Rindo stated, "The State has unquestionably put financial support behind its rhetoric about school safety, and we are very grateful for this level of support from the Department of Justice. These grant dollars will enhance the work we have already done to improve safety measures in our schools. Work on these projects will get underway immediately."
The OASD partnered with local law enforcement agencies throughout the grant development process to ensure that proposed funding, protocols, and school safety plans are effective and provide the safest learning environments possible for all staff and students.
OASD Director of Buildings and Grounds Greg Maroo added, "The District is excited to implement additional safety improvements at our schools. We will be work towards completion of the projects as soon as possible. With this grant approval, we will be able to add safety measures that were prioritized in collaboration with local law enforcement agencies. OASD has made many key safety improvements over the last decade and continually look for additional ways to ensure the safety of our students and staff."
Grant dollars through the DOJ are divided into two categories: the Primary School Safety Grant and Advanced School Safety Grant. DOJ's Primary School Safety Grants focus on standard improvements to schools, including door locks and hardening school entryways. The Advanced School Safety Grants are awarded to schools that have met minimum security thresholds. OASD improvements will include such items as:
- Improving radio communication for district staff and first responders
- Hardening all exterior doors of district schools by installing safety film on entrance windows
- Upgrading classroom door locks at district schools
In addition to making upgrades to school buildings, one of the School Safety Grant prerequisites is providing training in Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) and Trauma-Informed Care/Trauma Sensitive Schools (TIC/TSS). Training for these specific prerequisites will take place for staff during OASD's 2018-19 school year.
Over the past three months, since 2017 Wisconsin Act 143 was signed into law, the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) has consulted with numerous stakeholders in the fields of education, security, law enforcement, and mental health.
In addition to helping keep schools safe from violent attacks, DOJ will be closely monitoring for behavior that could affect a school's ability to pay market rates for products like door locks and shatter-resistant film for glass. DOJ will review and investigate any instances of inappropriate pricing behavior, so the benefits of the program are not reduced.
Following is a list of organizations who met with DOJ staff, and consulted on the creation of the Office of School Safety and the grant process and criteria.
●Association of Wisconsin School Administrators
●Badger State Sheriffs Association
●CESA 4, 7, 10
●Federal Bureau of Investigation
●Wisconsin Association of School Boards
●Wisconsin Association of School Business Officials
●Wisconsin Association of School District Administrators
●Wisconsin Association of School Nurses
●Wisconsin Catholic Conference
●Wisconsin Chiefs of Police Association
●Wisconsin Council of Administrators of Special Services
●Wisconsin Council of Religious and Independent Schools
●Wisconsin Department of Administration
●Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
●Wisconsin Education Association Council
●Wisconsin Interscholastic Athletic Association
●Wisconsin Juvenile Officers Association
●Wisconsin Professional Police Association
●Wisconsin Retired Educators' Association
●Wisconsin Safe and Healthy Schools Training & Technical Assistance Center
●Wisconsin School Music Association/Wisconsin Music Educators Association
●Wisconsin School Psychologists Association
●Wisconsin School Public Relations Association
●Wisconsin School Safety Coordinators Association
●Wisconsin Sheriffs and Deputy Sheriffs Association
For more information on DOJ's Office of School Safety or to view the full list of schools awarded grant funding, please visit: https://www.doj.state.wi.us/office-school-safety/o...
The coloring book was created through a grant from The Imagine A Day, Courtney Bella Foundation, and a partnership with the Oconomowoc Area Historical Society & Museum.
Mark your calendars for the 1st Annual Raccoon Rally! OHS Student Council will host this pregame family carnival and community event on Friday, September 7, 2018, from 3:00-8:00 p.m. The entire community is welcome to Rux Stadium for the evening! Part of the proceeds from this event will benefit the Oconomowoc Area Foundation.
The rally features:
Carnival games organized by various OHS clubs, teams, and area businesses
For the OASD Elementary and Intermediate School Parents:
There is a new organization calling themselves “Oconomowoc Youth Football” and/or “Jr. Raccoons” and promoting a 3rd-6th grade football program in the area, including tackle football for students in 5th-6th grade. This program IS NOT ASSOCIATED with the Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) or our new football partnership with the YMCA at Pabst Farms, Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation, and Oconomowoc High School (OHS) Athletics.
The OASD, is offering the state’s first fully integrated youth football program for students in grades 1-12, and we do not support any program that conflicts with our league’s structure and learning progression.
New OASD Program Structure:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade - Flag football at the YMCA at Pabst Farms
- 4th, 5th, 6th Grade - Flag football at Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation
- 7th & 8th grade - Tackle football at Nature Hill or Silver Lake Intermediate Schools
To register for these programs:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd Grade –visit the YMCA at Pabst Farms, or call (262) 567-7251
- 4th, 5th, 6th Grade – visit Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation, or call (262) 569-2199
- 7th & 8th grade - tackle football at Nature Hill or Silver Lake Intermediate Schools, more information coming soon, in advance of 2018-19 athletics registration
The Oconomowoc High School Athletic Department is offering summer athletic camps for students entering grades 1 - 12. The athletic camp brochure has complete information on the grade levels for each sport, camp dates, cost, and registration information.
Camp registration is open now through the Web Store. In most cases, registration is requested by June 1, 2018, to ensure your child's spot and a camp t-shirt. Please refer to the camp brochure for specific registration information and deadlines by sport.
Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD) Summer School for grades 4K-12 will be held June 18-July 27, 2018. Oconomowoc families can visit the OASD Summer School web pages for the complete course and registration information. Grade level course brochures, step-by-step instructions for registration and the payment process are posted on the district’s website at www.oasd.org/SummerSchool.
- Online registration will be open beginning March 5, 2018, at 6 a.m. and will close March 16, 2018, at 12 p.m.
- Registration will occur through Family Access, the district’s student management software.
- Summer School classes are separated into three new brochures:
- Elementary, K4 – 3rd Grade at Greenland Elementary School
- Intermediate, 4th Grade – 8th Grade at Nature Hill Intermediate School
- High School, Grade 9-12 at OHS
- There are skills instruction, enrichment classes, and new course offerings at each of the summer schools.
- Gymnastics will be offered through the Oconomowoc Parks & Recreation. Visit their website to register for summer gymnastics: https://www.oconomowoc-wi.gov/638/Parks-Recreation-Forestry.
- The YMCA at Pabst Farms will have their Summer School Club available. Families should contact the YMCA directly at 262-567-9622 for more information or visit their website for an application: http://www.ymcaatpabstfarms.org/child-care/summer-day-camp/.
New This Year:
Payment is required at the time of registration with a credit or debit card. Due to high Summer School demand, payment must be made the same day as registration to secure your child’s place within the course or your course will be dropped. Please check back after 9 a.m. daily for class space availability.
Contact for Additional Questions:
Thank you and we look forward to serving your student this summer as part of OASD’s Summer School Program!
Oconomowoc Area School District Learners and Leaders Winter Newsletter contains the following information:
- Grades 4K-5 Move to Bridges in Mathematics
- Facilities & Construction Updates
- OASD In the News!
- Winter Sports
- OAC Upcoming Events
- OASD Upcoming Events