WE NEED YOU! FOOD SERVICE IS HIRING!
Are you looking for a job that works around your kid's school schedule? Do you want to have nights, weekends, holidays & summers off? Sodexo Food Service is looking for 2 hard working talented people to become a part of the Oconomowoc Area School District Foodservice Team at PKL & MDV. We are currently looking to fill 1 P/T position in food service as a Cashier/Food Service Worker at Meadow View Elementary & 1 P/T position at Park Lawn Elementary as a Cashier/Food Service Worker. Shifts for Meadow View position are M-F 9am-1:30pm, no nights, holidays or weekends, great pay. Shifts for Park Lawn are M,W,F 9am-1pm, no nights, holidays or weekends. All positions are Unemployment Eligible for all time off during school closures and breaks, including summer. Must be friendly and enjoy serving kids of all ages and be available to work over the lunch periods.
To Apply for the Cashier/Food Service Worker @ Meadow View please visit:
To Apply for the Cashier/Food Service Worker @ Park Lawn please visit:
If you have questions regarding the positions, please contact:
Director of Food & Nutrition Services
Sodexo will require a background check
Come and explore the new addition and renovated spaces at Ixonia Elementary School, made possible through the
community's support for the 2016 referendum.
Sunday, Sept. 23, 2018 @ 1 p.m.
Dedication Ceremony- 1:00 p.m.
Open House/Self Guided Tours- 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m.
Ixonia Elementary School
N8425 North Street, Ixonia 53036
No RSVP required.
Check these out!
- Visit the new addition, which houses the 4K and 5K classrooms, a dedicated cafeteria and commons area, the main office, and a secure main entrance
- Tour the renovated 1st-4th grade classrooms on the main level
- Visit the new Maker-Space and STEAM learning areas on the lower level
- Our new outdoor play space
The Oconomowoc Public Education Foundation (OPEF) will hold their annual ball on Friday November 2, at the Golden Mast. This year's theme is Hogwarts School of Magic, and entertainment will be provided by Nature Hill Intermediate teachers, Ms. Tracy Garon and Mr. Eric Darnell, followed by the Love Monkeys!
With your support, the money raised at this event will help OPEF continue their mission of awarding much-needed grants to OASD educators.
OPEF Annual Fundraising Ball
November 2, 2018
6:00 p.m.- midnight
Golden Mast Inn
W349 N5293 Lacy's Lane
Okauchee, WI 53069
Please support the Oconomowoc Sports Booster Club (OSBC) and the Oconomowoc High School (OHS) Athletic Department by purchasing a "Cooney Card".
Cards are priced at $20.00 per card, contain many great deals and all money raised will support all athletic teams at OHS. Last year's fundraiser raised $25,000.00 and the goal is to exceed that amount for the 2018-19 school year.
- Stop in at OHS and purchase a card in the Athletic Department
- Purchase a card at any fall home OHS football game
- Contact the OHS Athletic Department at 262-560-3111 for more information
Oconomowoc Sports Booster Club is hiring a new Concession Director and Assistant.
o Work closely with OSBC directors and OHS Athletic Department
o Planning, Ordering, Shopping, Stocking, Cleaning, Inventory, Budgeting, Banking, E-mailing correspondence, Organize OSBC Water Sponsors, Schedule volunteers via SignUp Genius each season, Monthly Detailed Financial Reports, Monthly OSBC meeting.
o Small-Medium Events: 1-2 hours opening concession stand/orientate volunteers
o Large Events: 5-7 hours, open stand, supervise events, close down/clean stand
(must be available to work Varsity Football Games)
o Flexible hours: pick up preorders, inventory, stocking, cleaning, setting up, accept delegated task by the Concessions Director
o Event hours:
Small events: 1-2 hours open stand, orientate volunteers
Large events: 4-6 hours open stand, supervise event, close down/clean stand
Important: This is only a training and not an emergency!
The Oconomowoc Area School District (OASD), in partnership with the Oconomowoc Police Department (OPD), will be holding an Armed Intruder Training district-wide for all staff on August 29, 2018.
These training sessions will be held at all OASD schools and there will be a police presence at each location during the training. Police Department officials will be shooting blank rounds inside buildings to familiarize staff with the sound of live firearms.
District staff will spend time practicing:
- How to be flexible in their response to an emergency, based on the information available
- How to feel empowered in deciding the safest response, based on the information available
- How to communicate with each other and alert one another in an emergency
OASD Staff Training Schedule:
Nature Hill Intermediate
8:15- 9:15 a.m.
Ixonia Elementary School
Oconomowoc High School
(Main & East Campus)
Greenland Elementary School
Meadow View Elementary School
Silver Lake Intermediate School
Park Lawn Elementary School
Summit Elementary School
We're gearing up for the start of the 2018-19 school year and Open House for all of the OASD schools is on Tuesday, August 28th. This is a great time to visit the school, get familiar with classroom locations, meet teachers, and drop off school supplies. Open House times will be:
- OHS: 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- Intermediate Schools: 3:00-6:00 p.m.
- Elementary Schools: 4:00-7:00 p.m.
If you are looking for your child's school supply list, please visit one of these Back-to-School pages:
- Greenland Elementary School
- Ixonia Elementary School
- Meadow View Elementary School
- Park Lawn Elementary School
- Summit Elementary School
- Nature Hill Intermediate School
- Silver Lake Intermediate School
- Oconomowoc High School
Homecoming 2018: September 30-October 6, 2018
Homecoming Week Festivities
Sunday, September 30, 2018
- Window Painting @ 10:00 a.m. - Meet in front of Roots Coffee Shop
- OHS Main Campus & East Campus Dedication Celebration & Open House @ 1:00 p.m. - OHS East Campus
Tuesday, October 2, 2018
- OHS Varsity Soccer @ 6:30 p.m. - OHS Soccer Stadium
- OHS Varsity Volleyball @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Fieldhouse
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
- Powder Puff Football Game @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Rux Stadium
Thursday, October 4, 2018
- Swim Meet @ 6:00 p.m. - YMCA at Pabst Farms
Friday, October 5, 2018
- Homecoming Parade Lineup @ 4:00 p.m. - Oakwood Avenue, see attached map
- Homecoming Parade Starts @ 5:15 p.m., see attached parade route map
- Homecoming Football Game @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Rux Stadium
Saturday, October 6, 2018
- Homecoming Dance @ 8:00-11:00 p.m. - OHS Upper Gym
Spirit Week Themes at OHS
Monday, October 1: Tie Dye
Tuesday, October 2: Hawaiian Day
Wednesday, October 3: Vine/Meme Day
Thursday, October 4: Throwback to Third Grade Day
Friday, October 5: School Spirit Day
Homecoming Parade Participation
Homecoming application forms are available through this link. Forms are due to the OHS Athletic Office by Friday, September 26, 2018. Please email completed forms to Beth Loppnow at LoppnowB@oasd.org.
Parade Safety Guidelines:
- Due to overhead electric wires, floats may not exceed 16' in height.
- NEW - PROVIDE 2 ADULTS to walk along parade route with float. Direct spectators back to the edge of the road. Candy can be handed out along the sidewalks.
- All City, County & State ordinances must be followed during the event. Any participant who violates city, county or state ordinances or creates a public safety hazard will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
- All parade vehicles/floats must be structurally sound and safely designed. The main platform must have no holes or hollow areas where someone could fall through. All standing persons must have something on which to hold (i.e. a railing, pole, handle, etc.) or they must be seated at all times.
- Two people need to be in the pulling vehicle with one being a full time spotter for the driver.
- No vehicle in the parade shall stop in route to load or unload passengers.
- No one will be permitted to ride on the roof or hood of a moving vehicle.
- Parade moves at a set pace, please follow accordingly to ensure that the parade begins and ends on time and that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.
- Parade entries must maintain appropriate distances (one car length) from the entry in front of them. Large gaps between entries can pose a safety hazard as can following an entry too closely.
- For the safety of parade attendees, throwing items such as candy, etc., from the float or vehicle will not be permitted. You may walk along the sidewalk and hand out candy. Entries identified as throwing items risk future parade participation.
- Persons riding on floats should have proper footing/seating and should not hang any appendage over the sides of the float.
- Parade participants should not jump from or onto a float or motorized vehicle.
- Ensure that float decorations do not obscure the driver's view of the road and that drivers/operators can hear verbal instructions.
- Entry should easily travel the parade route, turn corners and fit under traffic signals.
- The height of the entry needs to fit under trees and traffic devices encountered on the parade route.
The coloring book was created through a grant from The Imagine A Day, Courtney Bella Foundation, and a partnership with the Oconomowoc Area Historical Society & Museum.