OASD Families - A new Daily Update is posted on our Virtual Learning Hub. Today's update includes:
- Student Needs Fund
- Food pick up schedule for June - August
- OASD technology resources website & free resource reminder
We will be sharing updates with the OASD community every weekday of virtual learning. Visit our new Virtual Learning Hub at www.oasd.org/VirtualLearning, for information, assistance, and virtual learning resources.
Please read through the information provided below. If you still have questions or need assistance, please contact Oconomowoc Transportation Company at 920-355-4040.
The Oconomowoc Area School District provides transportation for students who reside within the district’s boundaries under provisions of Wisconsin laws and regulations and in accordance with Board Policy 751 and Board Regulation 751-R (1). For more detailed information, please reference the Board Policy and related Regulation.
- Eligibility for district provided transportation services is determined as follows:
- Transportation shall be provided for all residents living two or more miles from their school of attendance;
- Transportation shall be provided for all resident students living in areas of unusual hazard as officially designated by the local law enforcement authority of designee;
- Children with disabilities shall be transported in accordance with state law; and
- Private school students shall be transported in accordance with state law.
Ineligible resident students may request a parent contract with the district providing the bus does not leave its normal bus route and there is adequate room on the bus. In the event that an overload occurs as the year progresses, the last ineligible student added to the bus list will be the first taken off. Payment in full for this service must be made before the student will be permitted to ride the bus.
- Bus routes are established annually based upon an electronic database of students, school schedules, and routes utilizing specialized software. Routes are established to maximize efficiency, ensure student safety, adhere to state laws and Board policy, and optimize cost effectiveness.
- Pick up points are established using the following criteria: (a) bus capacity, (b) number of students, (c) distance to pick-up points without substantially extending student time on the bus, and (4) concern for student safety and traffic conditions. Students may be required to walk up to .5 of a mile to an established bus stop. Pick up points will typically be established at intersection locations within each subdivision considering the various criteria noted above.
- Subject to the one-way walking distance noted above, buses will not be routed on dead-end streets, cul du sacs, or courtyards unless a hazardous walking condition exists and then only if an adequate and safe turnaround area for the bus exists.
- Students not riding the bus for three consecutive days will be considered a non-rider.
- A student eligible for transportation may be picked up and dropped off at a point other than at or near the student’s residence if the alternate stop is within the student’s school attendance area, the alternate stop is used daily, and space is available on the bus without additional cost to the district.
- The legal responsibility of the District is transporting students to and from school is limited to providing services to their legal residence. The District is not obligated to provide student transportation to and/or from locations other than the residence of a student. However, in recognition of the contemporary need for child care services, the Board authorizes transportation to and/or from a location other than the student’s residence subject to criteria listed above.
- Parents – Please make sure you child knows their route number so they are able to find their bus on the return trip to home from school. Route numbers will be displayed next to the bus entrance door.
- Please be aware that your child's bus route information is subject to change. Please re-check your child's bus route information in the database a few days before school begins.
- Parochial students who ride the High School buses should know which route they ride when arriving at the High School. Parents of Parochial students, please make sure your child has the route number on a piece of paper so they don’t forget their High School route.
We recommend that you allow at least ten minutes (and no less than 5 minutes) before and after the published pick-up and drop-off times, to accommodate variations in travel conditions along the route. For example, if the pick-up time is listed as 8:00 a.m., you should expect the school bus to be at that stop as early as 7:50 a.m. or as late as 8:10 a.m.
- If you are unable to find your bus information using the on-line system, please contact Oconomowoc Transport Company at 920-355-4040 for assistance.
- Please make sure your KINDERGARTEN child knows his or her phone number and address. Please pin his/her name, address, phone number and bus route number to his/her shirt or backpack. To help alleviate many of the fears associated with the bus ride home, take your child for a car ride and have your child point out his/her house and become familiar with neighbor surroundings.
We hope you'll find this service convenient and easy to use. By following a few easy steps, you'll be able to determine your child's school bus 'morning pick-up' location and time, and 'afternoon drop-off' location and time. View your bus route information by logging into your Family Access account and choosing the District Links/Bus Route Lookup.
Enter your phone number when prompted for user ID and password. The phone number format is: 123456789. Click here to get to the Family Access Login page.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Oconomowoc Transport at 920-355-4040.
- Talk quietly; follow the same conduct as in the classroom
- Be courteous, respect others and their belongings
- Obey the driver
- The bus driver can assign seats, if he or she feels it is necessary
- Remain seated at all times
- Do not fight, push, or shove
- Keep all body parts in the bus at all times
- No eating or drinking on the bus
- Keep the bus clean
- No obscene, profane, offensive, or abusive language
- Do not be destructive
- No tobacco products, e-cigs, vapor pens, lighters or matches
- No skateboards, snowboards, sleds, fishing poles
- No firearms/weapons of any kind, including look-alike (guns, knives, sharp objects)
- No video and/or audio recording of bus driver and other students
- No taking photographs of bus driver and other students
Oconomowoc Transport Company, Inc., provider of student transportation for the Oconomowoc Area School District, is seeking qualified school bus drivers.
Paid training will be provided to qualified candidates.
Multiple positions are available. Click here for more information.
How do I look up my child’s route?
Visit the Family Resources tab on the OASD website. Click on Bus Information and tab over to Bus Route Lookup. Follow the instructions for User and Password. Note that routes do change throughout the month of August when new students are registered. Oconomowoc Transport Co. (OTC) recommends checking frequently before the first day of school.
We moved during the school year; how do I change my child’s bus?
All transportation changes are made through the student’s school. Please be sure to update the school with your latest information, including address, phone number, and daycare arrangements.
My student wants to ride home with a friend; what does she/he need to do?
The student needs to have a written note from parent/guardian or school or call OTC giving permission to ride the bus. OTC does not allow text messages.
I have been told the bus will not stop in front of my house and my child will have to wait for the bus at another location that is not visible from my home; what can I do?
No law requires a parent to be able to see a bus stop from his or her home. It is the parent and/or guardian’s responsibility to make sure a student arrives at and from the bus stop safely. Walk your young child to the bus stop and have older children walk in groups. There is safety in numbers; groups are easier for drivers to see. Brightly colored clothing is easier for drivers to see than dark colors. Make sure your child leaves the house so he/she can get to the stop allowing at least 10 minutes (no less than 5 minutes) per published pick up time.
Can my student get off the bus without a parent/guardian/designee there to meet them? What happens if I am not there to meet the bus?
A parent/guardian/designee is required to be at the stop only for 4K Kindergarten students. Students in grades 5K through 12 are not required to have an adult at the stop.
If no adult is at the stop to receive a 4K Kindergarten student students are taken back to the school in which they attend.
Will my child be able to bring his/her band instrument on the bus?
Most instruments will be allowed on the bus as long as the instrument can fit in the student’s lap. Larger instruments like a tuba, baritone, drum kits, etc., will not be allowed on the bus for safety reasons. These instruments can block entry/exits and also take up additional seats.
My child’s bus is overcrowded. Can some children be placed on another bus?
School bus sizes are set by the DOT and stated in terms of passenger capacity for all students 3 to a seat. It is our goal to fully utilize all the space on all the buses in our fleet.
OTC monitors bus routes at the beginning of each school year and does make changes in instances where there is an overflow on routes.
Why can’t my regular education student ride the same bus with my special needs student?
Special needs transportation is granted in accordance with a student’s needs as a related service to the IEP (Individualized Education Program); this type of transportation has specific regulations. Students who receive an education without an IEP are provided transportation through conventional means.
Why can’t you call when you know the bus will be late?
It is our goal to provide transportation to those students who qualify, every day, on time. Unfortunately, unexpected glitches such as traffic delays, etc. may mean your child’s bus is late for pick up or drop off. Because of the rapid nature of these delays, we may not be able to give a specific time.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT OTC WITH ANY OTHER QUESTIONS