Buildings and Grounds
The Buildings and Grounds Department includes custodial operations and building maintenance. The first responsibility of the department is the health, safety and welfare of the approximately 5,000 persons who learn, work and visit OASD schools each day. Services associated with the physical environment, include; general maintenance, custodial, grounds, athletic setups, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, flooring, deliveries, fire safety, general building safety, signage, parking lot maintenance, roofing, building envelope, and energy management.
Compliance with Wisconsin State regulations includes ADHERA, confined space entry, lockout/tagout, personal protective equipment, bloodborne pathogens, integrated pest management, indoor air quality, safe drinking water, and hazardous waste management.
The Buildings and Grounds Department maintains;
- Over 1 million square feet of buildings on 418 acres of land
- Nine active school sites, as well as a school farm and a nature center
- Athletic fields including soccer, football, baseball, softball, tennis, and track
- Facility rental and scheduling
The Department supports the District’s strategic plan by assuring that all facilities are safe, clean and properly maintained for student learning. The Department also focuses on capital planning, cost-saving initiatives and community use of school facilities. Capital improvements are prioritized annually and recommended to the Business Office.
Meet Our Team
Facilities Scheduling Procedure
OASD Facilities Rentals
HOURLY FACILITY RENTAL FEES
- Class 1 - District-sponsored activities, affiliated clubs or groups, civic or governmental organizations, Oconomowoc City Recreation Department, YMCA youth activities, and non-profit youth organizations.
- Class 2 - Profit-making youth organizations.
- Class 3 - YMCA adult activities and other non-profit adult organizations.
- Class 4 - Profit-making adult organizations.
MPR / Cafeteria
MPR / Cafeteria
OCONOMOWOC HIGH SCHOOL
Lower Gym (Field House)
Cafeteria / Gym Lobby
Athletic Fields (non varsity)*
*Varsity stadiums/fields are available on a limited basis at the discretion of the District with approval by the Athletic Director and the Buildings & Grounds Director.
Please be advised that if your reservation is approved and covers a time period during which a custodian is not normally on duty, you will be charged an additional amount to cover the cost of having a custodian on duty while your organization is using the Oconomowoc Area School District facilities. This additional amount will be provided to you at your request.
Custodians are on duty on days when school is in session. When school is not in session, custodians are generally on duty until 2:30 pm. Hours available for rental reservations are as follows: (hours must include set-up and tear-down):
Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m. - 7:30 pm
Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
Saturday, 8:00 a.m.-8:00 p.m.
Sunday, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
Extended hours may be available for special events with prior approval at the District’s discretion to be considered on a case by case basis.
Use of school facilities during the summer is limited to District events and Class 1 groups on a limited basis pending Buildings & Grounds scheduling with prior approval and at the District's discretion. All hours and days are subject to change: other fees may apply.
The District reserves the right to cancel facility rentals in the event that facilities are needed for school purposes or due to inclement weather. The District will make every effort to provide as much advance notice as possible and to reschedule the rental to another agreed upon date/time.
OUTDOOR RUX STADIUM TRACK ACCESS OPEN FOR LIMITED PUBLIC USE
Key Fob Required-By submitting your Fob Agreement application online you agree to follow the Facility Use and OHS Turf guidelines. After submitting your information please contact Sue Collins at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 262-560-2131 in the Buildings & Grounds office to set up an appointment for fob pickup.
A refundable deposit of $10 will be required. If you will be paying by check please make the check payable to OASD / if paying in cash please bring the exact amount. The deposit will be refunded if the key fob is returned to the district in good condition. A valid ID is also required.
Rux Stadium Outdoor Track Summer Hours - TBD
Rux Stadium Outdoor Track School Year Hours
Starting Monday, August 1, 2022
Monday - Friday 4:30 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
**PLEASE NOTE THE FOOTBALL FIELD MAY BE USED FOR GAMES AND PRACTICES DURING THE WEEKEND HOURS**
Weekends: 5:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Individuals age 18 and up (with the exception of current OHS students) can fill out an online fob application, which will grant secure access to the OHS track and turf facilities during the community use hours. These hours have been identified to limit conflicts with the district and student use of the outdoor facilities for school events, camps, summer school, athletic events, and co-curricular events, however, there may be unannounced closings throughout the summer and school year.
INDOOR GALE DOUGLAS FIELDHOUSE TRACK ACCESS OPEN FOR LIMITED PUBLIC USE - **PROGRAM ENDS FRIDAY, MARCH 18TH**
Community members age 18 and up are invited to use the indoor track at the Gale Douglas Fieldhouse during the winter months. Please enter the building through door #24 which is located behind the school by the fieldhouse (parking is available). This door will unlock automatically at 6:00 a.m. and community members can use the track until 6:45 a.m.
Gale Douglas Indoor Track Winter Hours
Monday, November 29th - Friday, March 18th
**PLEASE NOTE THE NEW HOURS**
Monday-Friday: 6:00 a.m. – 6:45 a.m.
*Only available on the days when school is in session
** Please wear indoor running/walking shoes If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Sue Collins - CollinsS@oasd.org
Examples of energy efficiency around the district:
- Greenland, Ixonia, East Campus, and Meadow View Schools are 100% LED lighting, using a fraction of the energy of conventional lighting.
- Building HVAC automation is monitored daily to tune controls along with our robust HVAC preventative planned maintenance program help to cut energy consumption and ensure mechanical efficiency.
- Nature Hill and Silver Lake Intermediate Schools' parking lot lights have been converted to LED resulting in less energy consumption and better, brighter lighting.
Recycling in our Schools
OASD has established a "Green Team" to take the great efforts already in place around the District to the next level. The focus will be centered around reducing our environmental footprint, expanding recycling programs, and improving overall environmental sustainability. Changes that have been implemented:
- Recycling receptacles inside Rux Stadium and the soccer stadium at OHS
- Single sort recycling in all classrooms, offices and common areas. This includes improved bins that are consistent throughout the District.
- Improved signage in all buildings to help improve recycling efforts.
- Milk carton recycling in all cafeterias and 4k and 5k classrooms.