HELP US EMPOWER OUR COMMUNITY OF LEARNERS & LEADERS
Current Job Opportunities:
- Substitute Teachers
- Substitute Paraprofessionals
- Substitute Custodians
- Paraprofessionals (support staff section on WECAN)
- Custodians (support staff section on WECAN)
- Teachers (certified staff section on WECAN)
- Other (certified & support staff sections on WECAN)
Short Term Teacher, Paraprofessional & Custodian Jobs
The OASD is in need of short-term substitutes for our teachers, paraprofessionals, and custodians. As a short-term sub, you have the flexibility to choose which school you would like to work at, and what schedule works best for you.
Easy Steps To Get Started as a Short Term Sub:
- Fill out this short online form
- After completing the online form, our HR team will contact you to complete the employment process.
Short-Term Substitute Pay Rates:
- Substitute Paraprofessionals: $13.00/hour
- Substitute Custodian: $13.00/hour
- Substitute Teacher: $15.62/hour or $125/day (must have an Associates degree or higher and have a license or be willing to take an online license course. Additional information below).
Longer-Term SUBSTITUTE TEACher Jobs
Quality substitute teachers are important to the District and its students. If you are interested in making a difference in a student's life and joining our long-term substitute team, please apply on WECAN today!
Who is Eligible To Be a Substitute Teacher?
The OASD accepts licensed teachers as substitutes. If you hold a 2-year associate's degree or a 4-year bachelor's degree but are not a licensed teacher, you may be eligible to become a non-certified substitute teacher in the district by attending a training workshop and completing the permit licensure process. There are several resources available for training:
Substitute Teacher Rates of Pay:
$175.00 per day for long-term substitutes (at least 20 consecutive days in the same assignment)
To Become a Substitute Teacher in the OASD:
- Please apply online through WECAN using vacancy #112561.
- Shortly after you've completed the application process on WECAN, you'll receive a substitute information packet via email.
- Please be sure to complete all forms and actions within the packet as soon as possible.
- If you have any questions please call the Human Resource Office at 262-560-2150.
PART-TIME OR FULL-TIME POSITIONS
Part-time and full-time OASD job opportunities are available to view and apply online through WECAN. To apply for a vacancy please click here to be redirected to WECAN.
To create a WECAN account, click on either Certified Staff (administrators/teachers) or Support Staff (administrative assistants/paraprofessionals/custodians), then click on Create a Certified Staff or Support Staff Account.
WORK FOR OUR BUSING OR FOOD SERVICE PARTNERS
Oconomowoc Transport Company
Learn more about our busing partner, Oconomowoc Transport Company, and apply for a job today!
Our food service partner, Aramark, has job openings at several of our schools.
The Oconomowoc Area School District does not discriminate in employment against properly qualified and eligible individuals by reason of their age, race, creed, color, handicap, disability, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, political affiliation, citizenship, membership in the national guard, state defense force, or any other reserve component of the military forces of the United States or Wisconsin, arrest record, conviction record not substantially related to a person's job or activity in school, or the use of lawful products by individuals off school premises during nonworking hours. Reasonable accommodations shall be made for qualified individuals with a disability or handicap. If you need an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Office.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY-AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER