Oconomowoc High School Homecoming 2021
September 26 - October 2, 2021
Homecoming Week Festivities
Sunday, September 26, 20219
- Window Painting @ 10:00 a.m. - Meet in front of Roots Coffee Shop
Wednesday, September 29, 2021
- Powder Puff Football Game @ 6:00 p.m. - OHS Rux Stadium
Friday, October 1, 2021
- Homecoming Parade Lineup @ 4:00 p.m. - Oakwood Avenue, see attached map
- Homecoming Parade Starts @ 5:15 p.m.
- Homecoming Football Game @ 7:00 p.m. - OHS Rux Stadium
Saturday, October 2, 2021
- Tour OHS @ 12:30 p.m. - Meet inside the OHS Field House Entrance
- Open to OHS Alumni, community members, and anyone who would like to join!
- Homecoming Dance @ 8:00-11:00 p.m. - OHS Upper Gym
Spirit Week Themes at OHS
- Monday, September 27: Cosmic Comfy - Comfy Clothes
- Tuesday, September 28: Astronauts and Aliens: Space Costumed
- Wednesday, September 29: Hubble Trouble: Twin Day
- Thursday, September 30: Space Cowboys: Country Theme
- Friday, October 1: Out of This World: Purple & Gold
Homecoming Parade Participation
Homecoming application forms are available through this link. Forms are due to the OHS Athletic Office by Friday, September 24, 2020. Please email completed forms to Beth Loppnow at LoppnowB@oasd.org.
Parade Safety Guidelines:
- Due to overhead electric wires, floats may not exceed 16' in height.
- NEW - PROVIDE 2 ADULTS to walk along parade route with float. Direct spectators back to the edge of the road. Candy can be handed out along the sidewalks.
- All City, County & State ordinances must be followed during the event. Any participant who violates city, county or state ordinances or creates a public safety hazard will be referred to the appropriate authorities.
- All parade vehicles/floats must be structurally sound and safely designed. The main platform must have no holes or hollow areas where someone could fall through. All standing persons must have something on which to hold (i.e. a railing, pole, handle, etc.) or they must be seated at all times.
- Two people need to be in the pulling vehicle with one being a full time spotter for the driver.
- No vehicle in the parade shall stop in route to load or unload passengers.
- No one will be permitted to ride on the roof or hood of a moving vehicle.
- Parade moves at a set pace, please follow accordingly to ensure that the parade begins and ends on time and that everyone has a safe and enjoyable time.
- Parade entries must maintain appropriate distances (one car length) from the entry in front of them. Large gaps between entries can pose a safety hazard as can following an entry too closely.
- For the safety of parade attendees, throwing items such as candy, etc., from the float or vehicle will not be permitted. You may walk along the sidewalk and hand out candy. Entries identified as throwing items risk future parade participation.
- Persons riding on floats should have proper footing/seating and should not hang any appendage over the sides of the float.
- Parade participants should not jump from or onto a float or motorized vehicle.
- Ensure that float decorations do not obscure the driver's view of the road and that drivers/operators can hear verbal instructions.
- Entry should easily travel the parade route, turn corners and fit under traffic signals.
- The height of the entry needs to fit under trees and traffic devices encountered on the parade route.