OHS Incoming Freshmen Information
There are so many ways to learn more about Oconomowoc High School and start your journey as a Raccoon. Join us at these upcoming events!
OHS Freshmen Information Night
Current 8th-grade families and students are invited to the OHS Raccoon Ready Freshmen Information Night! This year's event will include a virtual Pep Rally and in-person open house opportunity on two separate dates:
Did You Miss the Virtual Pep Rally On Sunday, January 9?
At Oconomowoc High School, we are grounded, committed, and accountable. Check out the virtual pep rally to hear how our OHS students are living our values.
Wednesday, January 12, 2022
OHS Gale Douglas Field House
>> Click here to register for an Open House arrival time
The evening is designed for parents and students to start their journey as Oconomowoc High School Raccoons. The night will include:
- Meet with OHS faculty to talk about courses, ask questions, and get recommendations
- An introduction to school culture and expectations
- A review of the OHS Program Planning Guide and scheduling courses
- An introduction to the clubs and extracurricular opportunities available to OHS Raccoons during their high school journey
- Further explore athletic opportunities at OHS
- Walk around campus for the first time
COURSE REQUEST PROCESS FOR THE NEXT SCHOOL YEAR
The scheduling process is an exciting part of defining your high school experience. At OHS, we offer more than 200 classes that can help you explore topics of interest, several programs that may help you learn more about potential career-focused learning opportunities, and hands-on experiences that allow you to apply your interest in real-world settings. Our teachers and support staff are incredibly proud of the opportunities that exist at OHS, and we look forward to helping you identify the best classes to help you achieve your goals!
THE OHS ACADEMIC & CAREER PLANNING GUIDE
The Academic and Career Planning Guide allows you to easily access each department’s course offerings and descriptions. Please take some time to review the document and course descriptions as you prepare to make your course requests for next year. The guide will provide the following information:
- Course descriptions
- Career clusters and pathways of study
- Graduation requirements
- Grading and credit information
- Exceptional learning opportunities
- Scheduling timeline
- Course request sheets
- Student Services information
Need Help Navigating the Planning Guide? Click here for a link to the Live Binder tutorial video.
Welcome to the OHS Raccoon Family!
Use these links to find the welcome information from OHS Principal, Jason Curtis.