Class of 2021 Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, June 12, 2021, 10:00 a.m.
Oconomowoc High School Rux Stadium
NEW Graduation Ticket Information
Announced 5/10/2021: There will no longer be a ticket limit for families at Graduation. Please read this additional information:
- Each student can now bring an unlimited number of guests to our Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, June 12.
- Seats will be on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Rux Stadium gates will open at 6:00 a.m. on June 12 for families to reserve seats.
- You no longer need a ticket to enter Rux Stadium and you are welcome to reserve seats, leave and come back. However, your personal belongings will not be supervised.
- Handicap accessible seating will be available. Please call or email Christine McCartney (McCartnC@oasd.org) or 262-560-3105 by Friday, June 4 to request handicap-accessible seating.
- Additional seating will be added so that we can increase the seating capacity of Rux Stadium. These additional bleachers and seats will be prioritized for families who want to practice social distancing.
- Students will be seated on the track, in front of the home bleachers, but will now be placed two feet apart instead of the six feet we had originally planned. This will allow all guests to have a direct line of sight to the actual distribution of the diploma.
- Facial coverings and masks are no longer required. However, we respect an individual's decision to wear one if they choose.
Additional information is available on the Updates From OHS Blog.
The ceremony will be live-streamed and recorded for friends and family to watch from anywhere in the world! Click here to access the ceremony live-stream.
Commencement Ceremony Photos
Lifetouch will take photos at the Commencement Ceremony. Please click this link to access the ceremony web page to view and purchase photos.
Ordering Flowers for Your Graduate
Families that would like to order a bouquet of flowers for a graduate can place their order in advance and pick up their bouquet at OHS before the graduation ceremony.
Logistics and Reminders
- OHS seniors should report to the Gale Douglas Fieldhouse by 8:45 a.m. on June 12, in cap and gown.
- There are more students in the class of 2021 than in years past, and seating will be spread out. Due to this graduating class size, it is possible the ceremony could last up to 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- At this time, each graduate will be allocated at least 6 tickets for guests.
- We will continue to monitor the current guidance and regulations set by Waukesha County Public Health. Based on the current guidelines, we simply need to ensure that we can allow for 6ft distancing between family groups. We are rearranging our traditional setup and bringing in extra bleachers in order to maximize seating availability.
- We will offer a lottery for any unused tickets, and if possible, increase the ticket allocation for each graduate. We will be in touch with families regarding how to request tickets by May 7 at the latest.
- Based on our current policies, masks or facial coverings must be worn at OHS, which includes Rux Stadium. However, at the very least, seniors will be able to remove their masks when they walk across the stage, collect their diploma, and for their professional photo.
- Diplomas will be available to pick up in the Gale Douglas Fieldhouse after the ceremony.
- Mr. Curtis will contact seniors about the dress code, cap decoration, and other important details in late May.
Overflow Seating in the Oconomowoc Arts Center
There will be about 250 seats available for overflow seating in the OAC on graduation day where the ceremony will be live-streamed on the large screen. We will have additional seating in the Little Theater if the OAC reaches capacity. Please arrive at the OAC at least 15 minutes before the ceremony begins. Seats will be distributed on a first come first-served basis. The OAC will open at 8:00 a.m. for people to begin seating.
If you need help with this process or have any questions, please call our front office at 262-560-3109.
In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony may be postponed to later in the day on Saturday, June 12. If the weather forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms throughout the day, the ceremony will be moved to Sunday, June 13, with a tentative start time of 10:00 a.m. However, our primary goal is to have the event on Saturday, even if that means it happens later in the evening.
Celebrations For Our Seniors
Mark your calendars to join us in celebrating our OHS Class of 2021!
CELEBRATE YOUR FUTURE WEEK
Monday, May 31: Memorial Day Ceremony on Facebook Live @ 8:00 a.m.
We will honor our Raccoons committing to the military and honor our alumni and families who have served in our Armed Forces with this special Memorial Day Event. Join us on Facebook Live @oconomowocschools at 8:00 a.m.
Tuesday, June 1: Military Commitment Day (8:55-9:35 a.m.) at Rux Stadium
We will recognize the seniors enlisting in the Armed Forces in a special school-wide celebration at Rux Stadium. Please email Lauren Black at BlackL@oasd.org to ensure your Military recruit is registered to participate. Family and friends hoping to participate should meet at Rux Stadium by 8:30 a.m.
Wednesday, June 2: Apprenticeship and Workforce Signing Day (8:55-9:35 a.m.) at the Gale Douglas Field House
We will recognize the seniors committing to various apprenticeships in the skilled trades and employment opportunities. Please contact Kyla Stefan at StefanK@oasd.org to ensure your senior committing to an apprenticeship or the workforce is accurately registered for this special event. Family and friends hoping to watch this special ceremony should meet in the Gale Douglas Field House at 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, June 3: 2-Year and 4-Year College Commitment Parade (9:15-9:35 a.m.) at the Gale Douglas Field House
Seniors attending various 2- and 4-year colleges should dress up in gear and colors from their new school and showcase their college commitment. At the start of Pride, students will assemble in the Oconomowoc Arts Center and at 9:15 a.m. begin a parade down Raccoon Runway. Families and friends wanting to watch the parade can meet in the Gale Douglas Field House lobby at 9:00 a.m.
Awards Ceremonies & Community Recognition Events
Saturday, June 5: Cap and Gown Pick-Up (9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.) in the Gale Douglas Field House
Seniors and their families are invited to campus on Saturday morning to pick up their cap and gown and senior recognition cords. This special event is a chance for you to have one last meeting with your counselor, collect your memorabilia, and take those first photos in your cap and gown!
Sunday, June 6: Scholar-Athlete Recognition Ceremonies (time TBD) in the Gale Douglas Field House
Watch for details from the Athletic Department regarding our annual scholar-athlete recognition ceremony. For now, save the date for this fun event!
Monday, June 7: Senior Honors Night (6:30-8:30 p.m.) in the Gale Douglas Field House
We will recognize our seniors receiving various awards and scholarships at our annual Senior Honors Night. Susan Verhagen coordinates this event and will be in touch regarding a formal invitation and details in the coming month. If your senior is receiving an award or scholarship, please report this information to Susan Verhagen at VerhagS@oasd.org.
This event will be limited to 600 guests. However, the ceremony will be live streamed. Details on tickets will be shared once we know the number of students being recognized at the event.
Wednesday, June 9, and Thursday, June 10: Final Exams
Seniors should report to OHS for Final Exams. We will run a modified schedule with students released at 12:10 p.m. each day.
Thursday, June 10: Honk at Senior (7:00 p.m.)
Seniors are asked to put on their caps and gowns and sit in their front yards and let friends and neighbors drive by to recognize their achievements.
Friday, June 11: Last Day of School and Graduation Rehearsal
Seniors are required to come back to campus at specific times for a send-off breakfast, small recognition ceremony, and graduation rehearsal. Below are the specific times, by counselor, that each senior should report:
- Bakkum (Last Names A-Fe) 7:30-9:00 a.m.
- Fisher (Last Names Fi-Kr) 8:15-9:45 a.m.
- Verhagen (Last Names Ks-Ro) 9:00-10:30 a.m.
- Black (Last Names Ru-Z) 9:45-11:15 a.m.